Are you ready to take the plunge and hire a social media consultant to help your company get more visibility and exposure?
If you are, Here are some questions to ask your prospective consultant:
- How long have you been involved with Social Media? Many “social media” experts are relatively new. You want to hire someone with a proven track record and experience.
- Have you had any recent successful campaign that you planned and implemented?
- How would you handle a negative comment?
- Who would be my project manager?
- How will you go about growing our community? Will ads be incorporated into the mix or will your you try to grow it organically?
- Do you incorporates video or podcasts into the social media mix?
- Do you incorporate blogs? How are blogs tagged?
- Are blogs bookmarked on Digg, Delicious and StumpleUpon?
- Is there a plan of action and an evaluation process?
- How do you track the metrics of the social media campaign?
Hiring the right social media consultant is not an easy task. Your consultant will be representing your brand and you want to make sure that he/she is the right fit to promote your product or service. You also want to make sure that the person has creative, different ideas. Does this consultant stand out from the rest?