- Make sure you register early for SXSW and get a hotel room at the same time, otherwise you may be an hour away from all the activity.
- Download the SXSW app before you get there and select click on what you want to attend.
- Get to sessions at least an hour before, especially if they are popular workshops. Otherwise, you may not get in.
- Try to pick sessions that are within walking distance of each other. If you rely on the shuttles, you may miss out on one of your sessions.
- Acquaint yourself with the handy map at the end of the Interactive Pocket Guide. You may want to tear it out and walk around with it.
- Don’t rely on Google maps or the SXSW app to get you to where you need to go.
- Check out reviews on Yelp. Don’t rely on Foursquare for accurate reviews, especially those from paid sponsors.
- Talk with everyone. You will learn a little about a lot of things and will be able to predict some future trends.
- Wear comfortable shoes. There is a ton of walking, so be prepared. Also, bring an umbrella and a hoody. I’ve been at SXSW two years in a row and both times, it rained most of the time.
- Lastly, don’t miss the expo and other festivities that are happening not in your user guide. You’ll be pleasantly surprised at all the fun things going on around town!
DISCLOSURE: NO CONNECTION, UNPAID, MY OWN OPINIONS
I have not received any compensation for writing this content and I have no material connection to the brands, topics and/or products that are mentioned herein.