At the recent Blogher Conference in San Diego, I sat in on a Google + seminar and heard some clever ways people are utilizing Google +, including:
- Use the plus 1 as a poll by asking a question and adding answers with the comment section. For example, a recent question I asked was what food do you like best? Italian? Japanese? Mexican?
- Use the hangouts as a way to promote yourself. There is at least one woman who teaches cooking on the hangout with step by step instructions. She tells her viewers ahead of time what to purchase and then walks them through the preparation and delivery of the meal.
- Use it as a baby monitor. One man put a laptop in his infant daughter’s crib and kept it on Google plus. When he went to work, he could hang out with her. his family also could hang out with her as well.
- Use the hangout to have staff meetings or conference calls. 10 people can be on a hang out at one time.
- Daria Musk, a musician, used Google Plus to launch her music career. She had a hang out with 10 people. Those 10 invited their friends and so on. After her 2nd concert on Google Plus, she had 9000 people watch her perform.
- Share a youtube video with your staff, friends or club members.
- Finally, use Sparks to share content with your community!