Americans who consume specialty coffee drinks are spending, on average, over $400 a year on their foamy creations- or the cost of a 6-night Caribbean cruise. The bigger question is, what other costs are coffee drinkers unknowingly incurring while at the mercy of baristas?
- Living Large: 92% of specialty coffee drinkers feel that beverages at coffee shops are overpriced.
- Beware the Barista: 1 in 3 specialty coffee drinkers have gotten an eye roll from a barista just for making a special request in their order. Is this really how you want to start your day?
- How Sweet It Is? 2 out of 5 coffee drinkers incorrectly think that a cupcake has more calories than their specialty café drink.
- Not-So-Speedy Service: On average, specialty coffee drinkers are spending 7 minutes per day in line waiting for their drinks – or 2,555 minutes per year. That’s almost 2 entire days each year spent looking at the back of a stranger’s head!
- Give him a break! With his radio show, American Idol, E! News hosting gig and running the world (we think), Ryan Seacrest is the most deserving of a coffee break in the eyes of caffeinated Americans. Raising a small army at home earned Brad Pitt second place.
*Survey stats on behalf of Nescafé Memento (February 2012) https://www.facebook.com/nescafeusa?fref=ts
DISCLOSURE: NO CONNECTION, UNPAID, NOT MY OWN
I have not received any compensation for posting this content. The views expressed in this guest blog do not necessarily reflect the views and policies of HJMT. Individual links could be associated with affiliate marketing sites and through the use of affiliate links contained herein, I may collect fees from purchases made.