We judge almost everything using a 5-star rating. If we see a product, service, or company receive glowing 5-star reviews, we’re much more inclined to spend our money there than with a brand with only 3-star reviews. So, how can this translate to your career? Do you want a 5-star career or a mediocre one? How can we apply the science of quality management to drive personal success and get the most satisfaction from day-to-day work—no matter what type of job you have or want, your skill or educational level, or your age—which will, in turn, improve your quality of life?
About the Interview
In this episode of Hilary Topper on Air, Hilary speaks with Penelope Przekop, an internationally recognized quality assurance expert who has worked with Fortune 100 pharmaceutical companies for over 30 years and author of the recently published book, 5-Star Career: Define and Build Yours Using The Science of Quality Management. Learn from Penelope how to apply the science of quality management to your personal development and result in 5-star quality throughout all aspects of life including your career.
About Penelope Przekop
Penelope is a corporate quality management expert, entrepreneur, and writer. Throughout her 30+-year career, she has worked with numerous Fortune 100 pharma companies, including Pfizer, Merck, Lilly, and Glaxo Smith Kline, and held leadership positions at Novartis, Covance, Wyeth, and Johnson & Johnson. She is the founder and CEO of PDC Pharma Strategy and serves as the Chief Compliance Officer for Engrail Therapeutics. She is the author of Six Sigma for Business Excellence (McGraw-Hill) and four novels: Please Love Me, Aberrations, Centerpieces, and Dust. Przekop earned a BS in Biology from Louisiana State University and an MS in Quality Systems Engineering from Kennesaw State University. She is a graduate of the Smith College Program for Women’s Leadership and the Rutgers University Senior Leadership Program for Professional Women. In 2018, Przekop and her older daughter founded Bra in a Box, which has been featured in Real Simple and New York Magazine. She lives in the Greater Philadelphia Area with her husband of 30 years.
About 5-Star Career
5-Star Career: Define and Build Yours Using The Science of Quality Management provides common sense, strategic context for personally implementing quality concepts that reflect your goals as well as your own definition of a 5-star life and career.
This book provides the following benefits:
- Explains how the science of quality management can ensure customer satisfaction, which is what the industry uses to gauge the quality of products and services.
- Relates that explanation to you on a personal level including how the basic concepts and components of the science apply to your career/job, the path is has taken, and can take.
- Challenges you to identify your authentic needs and desires following the thought process, research methodology, and data analysis corporations rely on to understand their customers. It tells you how to do all of that and provides a unique tool to help you gather and analyze the right type of data and information.
- Clarifies the critical role that controlled systems and processes play in the science of quality management, the role they play in the personal application of quality management, and their surprising power to ensure intended outcomes.
- Explains how to apply the proven decision-making methodology (used by industry) to identify the best possible process that leads to the career you deem as 5-star worthy, and to address the career elements that will satisfy your authentic needs and desire.
- Relays how risk-based decision making is not only key to identifying a process that ensures success, but also to addressing the unexpected curveballs that will surely come your way.
For more information about Penelope and her book, 5-Star Career, visit www.penelopeprzekop.com.